1. India today successfully test-fired the most advanced surface-to-air missile ‘Barak-8’ off the Odisha coast. The long-range nuclear capable ballistic missile, developed jointly with Israel, was launched at 10:13 AM from a mobile launcher at the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur in Balasore district.
2. Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has said that the Centre has set a target of providing housing to all by 2022. Participating in a conference in Guwahati yesterday, Mr. Tomar said one crore houses will be constructed by 2019 under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.
3. People can now visit the PM Modi's website in the Punjabi language at the URL www.pmindia.gov.in/pa.
4. HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has unveiled the ‘Param-Ishan’ supercomputer at IIT Guwahati.
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $ 631 million loan to develop the proposed Vishakhapatnam- Chennai industrial corridor, the first such along a coastline in India.
6. Facebook has roped in former chief product officer at Snapdeal, Anand Chandrasekaran, for a strategic role for its Messenger app.
7. Investors can now track BSE updates real-time on Twitter by following the official Bombay Stock Exchange account.
8. Deaf Indian shooter Priyesha Deshmukh won the bronze medal in her first-ever international competition at the first World Deaf Shooting Championships held in Kazan, Russia.
9. Anandi Ramalingam has assumed charge as Director Marketing of the Public sector Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL).
10. Scientists from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) US have developed a novel spectroscopic technique to find signs of present or former extraterrestrial life on the Mars.