1. Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi continued his kisan Yatra in Uttar Prades.
2. The government has cleared the much anticipated deal with France for 36 Rafale fighter jets. Sources in the Defence Ministry said, the two countries will sign the final deal the presence of French Defence Minister Jean Yves Le Drian.
3. The prime Race Course road in the national capital, where Prime Minister’s residence is situated, will now be known as Lok Kalyan Marg.
4. The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has signed a contract with German company DST to design vessels suited to navigate the 1620 km stretch of National Waterway (NW-1).
5. The Incredible India Tourism Investors Summit (IITIS) 2016 has begun in New Delhi after it was inaugurated by Union Finance Minster Arun Jaitley. The three day summit has been organized by the Union Ministry of Tourism in association with Tourism Finance Corporation of India (TFCI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
6. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to enact Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill 2016. The proposal to enact to this bill was forwarded by Union Ministry of Shipping to repeal five archaic admiralty statutes. Admiralty jurisdiction is related to the powers of the High Courts in respect of claims associated with transport by sea and navigable waterways.
7. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved capital grant of Rs. 5,176 crore for development Gas Infrastructure in Eastern part of the country. The grant in the form of viability gap funding (partial capital grant) at 40% will be used for the 2539 km long Jagdishpur-Haidia and Bokaro-Dhamra Gas Pipeline (JHBDPL) project.
8. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratification of Agreement between India and Samoa for the exchange of information with respect to Taxes. It will help to stimulate the flow of exchange of information between India and Samoa for tax purposes which will help curb tax avoidance and tax evasion.
9. Justice G C Gupta has sworn-in as Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court. He was administered oath by West Bengal governor Kesari Nath Tripathi as per Article 219 of Constitution.
10. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for initiating the process of winding up of Hindustan Diamond Company Private Limited (HDCPL).
11. Junaid Ahmad was appointed as the World Bank Country Director for India. He will succeed Onno Ruhl who completed his four-year term recently.
12. Adi Godrej, the Chairman of Mumbai-based Godrej Group, was conferred the 10th Annual Clinton Global Citizen Award for leadership in business and philanthropy.
13. Nobel laureate and Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi was honoured as the 2016 Humanitarian of the Year by the students and faculty at the Harvard Foundation.
14. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved 631 million US dollars loan for construction of industrial corridor between Visakhapatnam and Chennai, part of India's first coastal industrial corridor running from West Bengal to Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu.
15. The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) lifted the title of the Obaidullah Khan Heritage Cup Hockey Tournament. In the final clash at Aishbagh Stadium in Bhopal, BPCL defeated Railways by 3-0.