1. World Rabies Day has observed on 28 September 2016.
2. India has climbed 16 places to the 39th rank on the Global Competitiveness Index released by the World Economic Forum.
3. The powerful typhoon Megi has recently hit island-nation Taiwan with winds up to 230 km/hr that causing heavy rains and triggering damaging winds.
4. The Union Cabinet has given its formal nod for cooperation between India and Singapore on industrial property rights intended to boost innovation, creativity and technological advancement in both countries.
5. Project Saksham, a new indirect tax network of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
6. The 16 trees located in Aravali and NCR to be notified as “protected” natural heritage, on the lines of recognising special monuments in Delhi, announced by Delhi Cabinet Minister Kapil Mishra.
7. A British woman has become one of the world’s youngest commercial airline captains at the age of 26.
8. Jim Yong Kim has been re-appointed for a second five-year term as World Bank president, beginning July 1, next year.
9. The United States President Barack Obama has appointed its first Ambassador Jeffrey DeLaurentis to Cuba in 55 years.
10. OP Singh A 1983-batch officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre O P Singh took over as the new Director General of CISF.
11. The Telangana Government has signed an agreement with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to get bandwidth to telecast Mana TV programmes.
12. Famous music director and violinist Uttam Singh on 27 September 2016 was named for the 2016 Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement of the Maharashtra Government.
13. The former Israel's defining political figures and a Nobel peace prize laureate, Shimon Peres has died at the age of 93.