1. President Pranab Mukherjee has signed the GST Constitution Amendment Bill thereby making it a law.
2. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched GSLV rocket, which will carry the weather satellite INSAT-3DR from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. ii. The 2211-kg INSAT 3DR will be placed in an orbit 36,000 km above Earth.
3. Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh Assembly has ratified Goods and Service Tax (GST), Bill, to simplify the taxation by implementing single tax rates across the country. GST is a comprehensive tax on the manufacture, sale and consumption of goods and services at a national level.
4. Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Om Prakash Kohli has been sworn in as the new governor (26th) of Madhya Pradesh(MP). Kohli is also the Gujarat Governor has been given additional charge of Madhya Pradesh after Ram Naresh Yadav’s tenure got over.
5. Syndicate bank has nominated Jayant Purushottam Gokhale as the part-time non-official director under the chartered accountant category for a period of 3 years. Gokhale appointment is subject to his resignation from the board of LIC Nomura Mutual Fund Asset Management Company, before joining the bank’s board.
6. Sikkim has been adjudged the cleanest state while Jharkhand comes last in the list of 26 states.Gujarat is ranked 14th in the survey conducted by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
7. Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has launched the ‘CM Scooty Scheme‘ in the state to encourage girls to go to colleges for higher studies. Under CM Scooty Scheme 300 girls of two colleges were distributed scooters.
8. PepsiCo CEO and Chairman Indra Nooyi was ranked 2nd on the list of Fortune's 51 Most Powerful Women list.
9. ICICI Bank, has announced the deployment of 'Software Robotics' in over 200 business processes across various functions of the bank.
10. Former Indian women’s cricket team captain Anjum Chopra (39-year) has been awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
11. Jayant Purushottam Gokhale has been appointed as director of Syndicate Bank.
12. Novel based on Apatani tribe of Arunachal Pradesh titled Into the Hidden Valley has won 2016 MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction in the United Kingdom.
13. Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) nominated the two-time Olympic-medallist wrestler Sushil Kumar for the Padma Bhushan, India's third-highest civillian honour.
14. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani dedicated 2 mbps download and 512 kbps upload digital connectivity to 6000 villages.