Daily GK Update 16th October 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. Brazil has lifted the 1st BRICS U-17 Football Tournament 2016 held at Goa after defeating the South Africa in the title clash with 5-1.
2. Data from BSE showed that Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd (ONGC) beat India’s second largest software exporter Infosys Ltd to become the fifth most valuable company in India by market capitalization.
3. A recent report carried out by the World Economic Forum (WEF) on ‘Safety and Security,’ has revealed that the Finland is the safest place in the world with Qatar and UAE ranked second and third respectively.
4. On the birthday of India's Misssile men A. P. J. Abdul Kalam , India and Russia formally inked the agreement for five S-400 Triumf air defence systems and four stealth frigates and a joint venture to manufacture Kamov-226T helicopters in India.
5. India's ODI againts New Zealand at Dharamshala on 16th oct 2016 is the team's 900th making it the world first side to achieve a milestone.
6. The mines ministry on 15th oct came out with mining surveillance system (MSS), a pan-India surveillance network using latest satellite technology, to check illegal mining.
7. Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt has confirmed that he is going to retire after the 2017 World Championships in London, and also informed that the Racers Grand Prix later this year will be his last race on Jamaican soil.
8. ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) -2016’ is being organized by M/o Culture in IGNCA premises, Janpath, New Delhi from 15th to 24th October, 2016. The festival was inaugurated by Shri Rajnath Singh, Union Minister for Home Affairs in the presence of Dr Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism and Shri Padamanabha Acharya, Governor of Nagaland.
Daily GK Update 16th October 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:26 Rating: