1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated three hydro-electric projects (HEPs) with a generating capacity of 1,732 MW in Himachal Pradesh.
2. India has completed its nuclear triad by inducting the first indigenously built strategic nuclear submarine INS Arihant into service. With this, India becomes fourth country to have a nuclear triad i.e. capable of delivering nuclear weapons by aircraft, ballistic missiles and submarine launched missiles. Other countries having nuclear triad are Russia, United States and China.
3. Conglomerate Hinduja Group’s flagship company Ashok Leyland has unveiled country’s first 100 per cent indigenously made electric bus which are non-polluting and have zero-emissions.
4. Senior IFS officer Amandeep Singh Gill was appointed as the India’s Ambassador to the UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
5. Eminent writer C Radhakrishnan was selected for the prestigious Mathrubhumi Literary Award for the year 2016.
6. Four Indian wrestlers have won four medals individually including a gold medal, at the sixth edition of the TAFISA World Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia. Wrestler Dalmiya had won gold medal in 60kg category by defeating Azerbaijan’s Muhammad Sahan by 4-1 points in the final match. Other are Luv Singh, Naveen kumar and Josil.
7. The BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) countries have expressed commitment to combat terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
8. The National Summit on Fortification of Food was recently inaugurated in New Delhi to address interventions in combating micronutrient malnutrition in the country.
9. US tennis player Serena Williams has withdrawn from the WTA Finals in Singapore, saying she’s still working to recover from the shoulder troubles that hindered her in 2016.