Daily GK Update 5th October 2016, Important Current Affairs
2. Cabinet approves India-EU MoU on water cooperation.
3. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 2016 has been awarded to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir J. Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L. Feringa for developing the molecular machine.
4. The International Monetary Fund has raised projections for India's economic growth by 0.2 percentage points to 7.6% for 2016-17 and 2017-18.
5. The Government has appointed Indian Revenue Service officer Sushil Chandra as the next chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
6. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched the Indian Bridge Management System (IBMS). It was launched by Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi as a major step towards ensuring safety of bridges in the country.
7. Germany has appointed former Nasscom Chairman B V R Mohan Reddy as an Honourary Consul of that country in Hyderabad.
8. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its fourth bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016-17 has cut the repo rate by 25 basis points to 6.25%.
9. History writer Nayanjot Lahiri has won the prestigious 2016 John F. Richards Prize for her book Ashoka in Ancient India.
10. The first edition of the BRICS Under-17 Football tournament begins in Goa. The tournament, featuring Brazil, Russia, India,China and South Africa, has been organised on the occasion of the 8th BRICS summit that will be held in Goa on the 15th of this month. The inaugural match will be played between Brazil and China.
11. India’s Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the signing of MoU between India and European Union in the field of water resources.
Daily GK Update 5th October 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 21:08 Rating: