Daily GK Update 6th October 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. Trio of Jean-Pierre Sauvage, J Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa have won the prestigious 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has chosen them for this award for their individual efforts in developing molecular machines.
2. India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-18 was successfully launched from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana.
3. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given approval ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) proposal to buy 11% stake in JSC Vankorneft.
4. The Union Government has appointed senior Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer Sushil Chandra as the Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
5. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the signing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and European Union in the field of water resources.
6. The Union Cabinet gave its approval to sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and African Asian Rural Development Organization (AARDO) for capacity building programmes in the field of rural development.
7. Former ISRO Chairman and space scientist Prof Udupi Ramachandra Rao became the first Indian to be inducted in the Hall of Fame of International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
8. NBCC has dismissed the reports of setting up a non-banking finance company (NBFC). NBCC Chairman Anoop Kumar Mittal said that there is no proposal to launch an NBFC. He stressed that NBCC is a construction company and we invest in redevelopment projects.
9. Former Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Guterres is all set to become the next Secretary General of the United Nations after the Security Council declared him to be the unanimous choice in the sixth straw poll. He will replace current Un chief Ban Ki Moon.
10. Pakistan has been debarred from the kabaddi world cup 2016, which will kick off this week in India. According to media reports, Pakistan has been denied entry because of a spike in tensions between the two nations after the Uri attack.
11. Brazil scored once in each half to beat China 2-0 in the inaugural match of the first BRICS U-17 football tournament at GMC Stadium in Bambolim, Goa.
Daily GK Update 6th October 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 18:27 Rating: