1. The World Philosophy Day is observed globally on the third Thursday of November every year.
2. Chhattisgarh has become the first state to adopt a resolution welcoming the demonetization of high-value currency notes.
3. President Vladimir Putin has signed an executive order removing Russia’s signature from the International Criminal Court’s founding treaty on 16th November.
4. Actor-turned-author Twinkle Khanna launched her second book titled 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'.
5. Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurated a trade route linking the south-western Gwadar port to Kashgar city in China as part of $46 billion project to jumpstart economic growth in the South Asian country.
6. Reliance Group has partnered with Cisco Jasper for the launch of a venture called Unlimit, which will provide Internet of Things (IoT) services to its enterprise customers in India.
7. More than 20 countries, including Brazil, France and India, on 15 November 2016 signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) at Marrakech, Morocco.
8. Former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Lt Gen S K Sinha passed away at a hospital this morning after brief illness.