Daily GK Update 18th November 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. The Indian Navy has formally inducted four types of indigenously developed sonars that will boost its underwater surveillance capability. The systems have been designed and developed by NPOL Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), a Kochi based laboratory of DRDO.
2. Scientists have improved the photosynthesis process in the plants to produce faster-growing crops. The breakthrough was published in the journal Science. They had used genetic modification technology to improve photosynthesis in the plants. This modification increased amount of sunlight energy crop plants can channel into food production.
3. Jammu and Kashmir Government has launched Jhelum-Tawi flood recovery project to give push to the reconstruction and rehabilitation of infrastructure post-2014 floods in the state. The project which is funded World Bank was formally launched Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti in Srinagar.
4. China’s ‘Sumway Taihulight’ has won the fastest supercomputer title in the recently released 48th edition of Top500 list of supercomputers. With this, Chinese supercomputer has retained the top spot in the list of the world’s fastest supercomputers for the eighth consecutive year.
5. The Supreme Court has dismissed a plea filed by Tamil Nadu to review a 2014 apex court judgment banning Jallikattu. The apex court questioned the need to “tame” a domestic animal like the bull and further held that Jallikattu has nothing to do with exercise of the fundamental right of religious freedom.
6. Sixth India China Joint Training Exercise “Hand – in – Hand 2016” began at the parade ground in Aundh Military Camp, Pune. Maj Gen Y K Joshi, Additional Director General of Military Operations of Indian Army and Maj Gen Wang Haijiang of the People’s Liberation Army and other senior army officers of both the countries were present at the opening ceremony.
7. Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar inaugurated projects worth Rs 6 crore at his adopted village of Puttamrajuvari Kandriga in Andhra Pradesh (AP).
8. India's IT majorTata Consultancy Services has been awarded 'Digital Innovator of the Year' in the Ecosystem Excellence category at GE's Minds + Machines event.
9. Times Internet, the digital arm of The Times of India group appointed former Twitter India head Rishi Jaitly as the chief executive officer (CEO) of Times Global Partners, a group initiative that supports the launch and expansion of emerging global digital companies in India.
10. Haryana sprinter Dharambir Singh, who was barred from representing the country in the Rio Olympics at the last minute for failing a dope test, has been slapped an eight-year ban by the National Anti-Doping Agency.
Daily GK Update 18th November 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:55 Rating: