Daily GK Update 1st November 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have jointly topped the Ease of Doing Business Reforms Ranking 2015-16.
2. The tenth edition of Indo-Nepal joint military exercise Surya Kiran commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal. Its emphasis will be on counter terrorism in mountainous terrain.
3. Maharashtra has been ranked first state in the country in 2016 Agricultural Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index. The first-ever index based on initiatives taken by the states in implementing farm sector reforms was issued by the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog.
4. According to recently released new 2011 census data, nearly two-thirds of the disabled population in the age-group of 5-19 in 2011 were attending educational institutions.
5. Senior Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer Sushil Chandra took over as chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) today.
6. The Union Ministry of Housing has notified the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) (General) Rules, 2016, to be applicable to the five Union Territories.
7. A fishing cat (Prionailurus viverrinus) was sighted in the moderately dense mangrove surrounding of the Gilalakalandi harbour near Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
8. Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) says its chief Iyad Madani has resigned. OIC Secretary-General’s resignation comes two days after infuriating Egypt over a remark that mocked President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.
9. The Finance Ministry released first installment of special assistance of Rs 1,093.34 crore for repair and permanent restoration of damaged public buildings in Jammu and Kashmir in pursuance of the announcement made by the Prime Minister last November.
10. Bhai Dooj, the festival of symbol of brother-sister love is being celebrated all over the country today. On this day sisters pray for their brothers to have long and happy lives by performing Tika ceremony and brothers offer gifts to their sisters. Bhaiya Dooj is also known as Bhau Beej and Bhathru Dwithiya.
11. India and Palestine have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for setting up of Palestine-India Techo Park in Ramallah. The announcement of the Techno Park was made during President Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to Palestine last year.
Daily GK Update 1st November 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 21:30 Rating: