Daily GK Update 23rd November 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. China has agreed to import rice, non-basmati and basmati varieties from 17 registered mills in India. These mills are in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
2. The indigenously built nuclear capable Agni-I ballistic missile was successfully test-fired from a test range off Odisha coast, as part of a user trial by India Army. It was test-fired from a mobile launcher from the launch pad-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Abdul Kalam Island (Wheeler Island). The last trial of Agni-I was conducted successfully in March 2016 from the same base.
3. António Costa (54), the Indian origin Prime Minister of Portugal will be the chief guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention. The PBD Convention is scheduled to be held from January 7 to 9, 2017 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Mr. Costa will participate in the inaugural session of the PBD Convention on January 8 and address the delegates.
4. The PBD Convention is scheduled to be held from January 7 to 9, 2017 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Mr. Costa will participate in the inaugural session of the PBD Convention on January 8 and address the delegates.
5. India and Switzerland have signed a Joint Declaration for implementation of Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) in respect of accounts of Indians held abroad.
6. As per a report on global wealth published by Credit Suisse, the total quantum of wealth in India is rising but disparity between rich and poor is also rising. The report says that the uneven growth has left 96% of the adult population in India at the base of the wealth pyramid with wealth below $10,000. However, a small fraction of the adult population (0.3%) has net worth of more than $100,000.
7. Pankaj Patel was elected as the President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for the year 2017.
8. Legendary vocalist, playback singer and composer Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna passed away due to age-related geriatric problems in Chennai. He was 86.
9. Ace Indian Golfrer Gaganjeet Bhullar has won the US $ 300,000 BANK BRI-JCB Indonesia Open for the second time in his career. He won the title after closing with a four-under-par 68.
10. The 13th World Robot Olympiad will be held in India for the first time ever. It will be organised jointly by NCSM under the aegis of Ministry of Culture and India STEM Foundation (ISF) from 25 November to 27 November 2016 at the India Expo Mart, Greater Noida.
11. Indian journalist Malini Subramaniam has been conferred with the International Press Freedom Award for her reporting from the Naxal-infested Bastar area, one of the four journalists felicitated by the annual award for their commitment to the press.
12. Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das said that for benefit of farmers National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has sanctioned Rs 21,000 crores to rural areas to enable district cooperative banks to pass the money to primary agri-societies.
13. Professor MGK Menon, an acclaimed physicist, who had played a prominent role in the development of science and technology in the country over the last five decades, breathed his last in New Delhi yesterday. He was 88 years old. He leaves behind his wife, a son and a daughter.
14. Renowned Hindi and Bhojpuri litterateur Dr Viveki Rai passed away today in a Varanasi hospital after illness. 92-year- old Dr Rai was born in 1924 in Ballia district of eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Daily GK Update 23rd November 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:42 Rating: