Daily GK Update 24th November 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved opening of one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in each of the 62 uncovered districts. These JNVs will provide good quality modern education to the talented children prominently from rural areas. Nearly 35,000 students will be benefitted from these JNVs.
2. Airtel Payments Bank Limited or Airtel Bank became the first payments bank in the country to launch live banking services in Rajasthan. The pilot phase of the Airtel bank launched in Rajasthan aims at testing systems and processes ahead of a full scale pan Indian launch.
3. China has successfully launched its fourth data satellite named Tianlian I-04. The satellite will join its three predecessors to achieve global network operation. The satellite was launched on board of Long March-3C carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest Sichuan province.
4. US President-elect Donald Trump has named Indian-American Governor of South Carolina State, Nikki Haley (44) for the high-profile post of US ambassador to the United Nations. With this, she becomes the first Indian-American to be appointed to a Cabinet-level post in any US administration. She is also first female appointment to a Cabinet-level post and overall sixth appointment of the President-elect Donald Trump led administration.
5. The upgraded Jaguar DARIN III twin-seat aircraft has received Initial Operation Clearance (IOC). It is considered as a significant milestone for the country’s military aviation sector. The satisfactory completion of IOC was announced by Deputy Chief of IAF, Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria who had flown the aircraft at HAL airport in Bengaluru.
6. The Union Government has allowed National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to disburse Rs 21,000 crore to help cash-starved farmers to sow Rabi crops. The money will be disbursed by NABARD to District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) which will enable them to pass on grant funds to the primary agriculture cooperatives. The farm cooperatives will further pass it to farmers for meeting crop loan requirements in Rabi season. Besides, banks also have been asked to ensure regional rural banks (RRBs) and district cooperative banks have required cash available to satisfy the sowing needs of farmers.
7. The Union Government has appointed Yudhvir Singh Malik as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
8. Indian journalist Malini Subramaniam was conferred with the 2016 International Press Freedom Award. She has been honored for her reporting from the Naxal-infested Bastar area and for the commitment to a free press.
9. The fifth International Tourism Mart has begun in Imphal, Manipur. It will be held between 23– 25 November 2016.
10. Andhra Pradesh Government has launched the ‘Smart Water Distribution Monitoring’ web interface. The monitoring portal is a part of ourvmc.org from where it can be accessed.
11. Hockey India named Harjeet Singh the 20-year-old mid-fielder from Kurali in Punjab, as the Captain of the 18-member Indian junior men’s team who will be vying for top honours at the Hockey Junior World Cup slated to held at Lucknow from 8th December.. DefenderDipsan Tirkey will shoulder the responsibilities of the Vice-Captain.
Daily GK Update 24th November 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:06 Rating: