Daily GK Update 25th November 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. India has been ranked 138th in the 2016 ICT Development Index out of a total of 175 countries. In 2015, India ranked 135th position.
2. The Union Government has imposed safeguard duty on import of certain steel products to protect domestic manufacturers from cheap in-bound shipments. It was imposed by the Revenue Department on steel products like hot rolled flat sheets and plates of alloy (excluding hot rolled flat products in coil form) or non-alloy steel.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved introduction of the Merchant Shipping Bill, 2016 in the Parliament. The bill is a revamped version of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958. It seeks to repeal Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 as well the Coasting Vessels Act, 1838.
4. Colombian Government has signed revised peace agreement with the country’s largest rebel movement, Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
5. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved opening of one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in each of the 62 uncovered districts. These JNVs will provide good quality modern education to the talented children prominently from rural areas. Nearly 35,000 students will be benefitted from these JNVs.
6. Olympic silver medalist P V Sindhu has entered the top 10 in the latest BWF world rankings Surpassing SAINA NEHWAL record. Sindhu, who clinched the China Open last week, jumped two places to grab the ninth spot.
7. India outplayed Malaysia 4-2 in their round robin encounter at the 4 Nations Invitational hockey Tournament . Nikkin Thimmaiah (two) Rupinder Pal and Akashdeep (one each) scored for the winners. Faizal Saari and Shahril Saabah ( one each ) reduced the margin for Malaysia.
8. Noted journalist and former Editor-in-Chief of the ‘Times of India’, Dilip Padgaonkar passed away on 25 November 2016, following a heart attack and multi-organ failure. He was 72.
9. The 2016 International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed across the world on 25 November 2016. The theme for the day is “Orange the World - raise funds to end violence against women”.
10. Egypt recently uncovered a lost city, more than 7000 years old dating right back to its first dynasty in the southern province of Sohag.
11. Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpayee won the Best Actor Award at the 10th Asia Pacific Screen Awards, beating Nawazuddin Siddiqui who was awarded a special mention in the same category.
12. Airtel Payments Bank Limited launched India's first live Payments Bank in Rajasthan. The bank will provide an interest of 7.25% per annum on deposits.
Daily GK Update 25th November 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:31 Rating: