Daily GK Update 26th November 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. Cuba’s former president and leader of the Communist revolution Fidel Castro passed away due to old age. He was 90. He was commander in chief of the 1959 Cuban revolution 1959 and had successfully built a communist state on the doorstep of the United States during Cold War.
2. The Samvidhan Diwas or the Constitution Day of India is being observed on 26th November to spread awareness of Indian Constitution.
3. Indian Navy’s seventh landing craft utility (LCU) L-57 was launched by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) in Kolkata, West Bengal. LCU L-57 is the largest ship of this kind built anywhere in the world. It is the seventh vessel in the series of eight LCU Ships being designed and built by GRSE for the Indian Navy.
4. The Union Government has constituted a new committee to form a strategy to expedite the process of transforming India into a cashless economy. The committee will be headed by Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant. It has been tasked with identifying various bottlenecks affecting access of digital payments.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate PETROTECH-2016, the 12th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition, organised by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas with the support of major OMCs led by state owned IOCL.
6. Olympic silver medalist P V Sindhu has entered the top 10 in the latest BWF world rankings Surpassing SAINA NEHWAL record. Sindhu, who clinched the China Open last week, jumped two places to grab the ninth spot.
7. India’s Veteran journalist Dileep Padgaonkar passed away today in Pune. He was 72.
8. ndian boxer M C Mary Kom is all set to add another honour to her glittering career. She will receive the ‘Legends Award’ from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) on its 70th anniversary on December 20.
9. Indian Railways will soon introduce Tri-Netra (terrain imaging for diesel drivers infrared, enhanced optical and radar assisted) system on its trains to reduce train accidents.
10. Scientists from Czech Republic have developed a model of a functioning human lung using 3D printing and other technologies. It has received three patents for its modeling.
11. Upma Chowdhary was appointed as new Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) at Mussoorie. She will be the 23rd director and first woman director of LBSNAA. She will replace Rajeev Kapoor.
12. Russian aircraft designer and co-creator of the MiG-29 fighter jet Ivan Mikoyan passed away. He was 89. He had the majority of his career as a leading engineer at the ‘MiG’ Aircraft Corporation’s design bureau, which was founded by his uncle Artyom Mikoyan.
13. India hosted the 13th edition of the World Robot Olympiad on the sidelines of trade fair in New Delhi. This is for first time India hosted World Robot Olympiad.
14. The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (IDEVAW) is observed every year across the world on 25 November.
Daily GK Update 26th November 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:38 Rating: