General Awareness Question and Answers for Bank, RRB and Competitive Exams
1. Which of the following is a food crop ?
(A) Maize (B) Cotton (C) Palm (D) Jute (E) Jatropha
2. Vedanta Alumina is a company operating in the area of–
(A) Shipping (B) Mining (C) Cement (D) Textiles (E) Banking
3. Names of which of the following rates/ratios cannot be seen in financial newspapers ?
(A) Bank Rate (B) Repo Rate (C) Cash Reserve Ratio (D) Pulse Rate (E) Statutory Liquidity Ratio
Answer: Pulse Rate
4. Which of the following terms is used in banking and finance ?
(A) Abiotic (B) Demand Deposit (C) Fast scales (D) A diabetic (E) Cathode
Answer: Demand Deposit
5. Which of the following is the name of a private sector Bank in India?
(A) IDBI Bank (B) Axis Bank (C) Corporation Bank (D) UCO Bank (E) All are Private Banks
Answer: Axis Bank
6. ‘Ayodhya’ which was in news recently is a place in–
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Bihar (C) Rajasthan (D) Jharkhand (E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
7. The judges of the Supreme Court of India now retire at the age of–
(A) 58 years (B) 60 years (C) 62 years (D) 65 years (E) 68 years
Answer: 65 years
8. Which of the following is the trophy/cup associated with the game of cricket?
(A) Derby (B) Merdeka Cup (C) Santosh Trophy (D) Duleep Trophy (E) Durand Cup
Answer: Duleep Trophy
9. Who among the following cannot be a partner in a partnership firm?
(A) Manager of a Hindu Undivided Family (B) Another partnership firm
(C) Non-citizens (D) A minor (E) Anyone not disqualified by law from entering into a contract
Answer: A minor
10. What is the maximum loan limit under the revised Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme for technical upgradation by the Government of India?
(A) Rs. 10 lakh (B) Rs. 40 lakh (C) Rs. 78 lakh (D) Rs. 100 lakh (E) Rs. 150 lakh
Answer: ` 100 lakh
11. Which of the following is/are correct regarding the functions of the Indian Mortgage Guarantee Corporation?
(A) It mitigates risk taken by lenders (B) It provides mortgage guarantees to banks
(C) It provides mortgage guarantees to housing finance companies
(D) It makes easier for people to get access to home loans with lower down payment amounts
(E) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
12. Which of the following clubs recently won the German Cup 2013?
(A) Bayern Munich (B) Chelsea (C) Stuttgart (D) Boca Juniors (E) Arsenal
Answer: Bayern Munich
13. As per Union Budget 2011-12, for tax purposes person above 80 years of age will be categorized as–
(A) Old citizen (B) Non Tax Payers (C) Senior Citizen (D) Super Senior Citizen (E) Special Tax Payers
Answer: Super Senior Citizen
14. Bharat Nirman Yojana is associated with the development of which of the following ?
(A) Urban infrastructure (B) Rural infrastructure (C) Bridges and roads
(D) Information technology (E) None of these
Answer: Rural infrastructure
15. Which of the following is the apex institution which handles refinance for agriculture and rural development in India ?
(A) RBI (B) SIDBI (C) NABARD (D) SEBI (E) None of these
16. Which of the following is a very popular name in the field of Banking and Finance in India ?
(A) Dr. Raghuram Rajan (B) Vinod Dua (C) Indra Nooyi (D) Vijaypat Singhanta (E) Ratan Tata
Answer: Dr. Raghuram Rajan
17. Who amongst the following is ICC Cricketer of the year ?
(A) Mitchell Johnson (B) Jimmy Kamande (C) Kevin Pietersen (D) Jacques Kallis (E) None of these
Answer: Mitchell Johnson
18. In which one of the following cities, 2016 Olympic games are proposed to be held ?
(A) Paris (B) Brazil (C) Athens (D) London (E) None of these
19. With which one of the following sports is Nicolas Anelka associated ?
(A) Cricket (B) Football (C) Hockey (D) Badminton (E) Table Tennis
20. Rio de-Janeiro is in which of the following countries ?
(A) Mexico (B) Argentina (C) Chile (D) Brazil (E) Australia
21. Which of the following is the abbreviated name of the organisation working for the welfare of the children?
(A) CII (B) CRY (C) SEWA (D) SHCIL (E) None of these
22. The World Environment Day is observed on which of the following days?
(A) July 5 (B) June 5 (C) April 5 (D) May 5 (E) None of these
Answer: June 5
23. Saina Nehwal who was in news recently is associated with the game of–
(A) Basket Ball (B) Tennis (C) Cricket (D) Chess (E) Badminton
24. Who amongst the following is NOT a member of SMRC?
(A) India (B) Pakistan (C) Nepal (D) Sri Lanka (E) South Africa
Answer: South Africa
25. Headquarters of the Reserve Bank of India are located in–
(A) New Delhi (B) Kolkata (C) Mumbai (D) Chennai (E) Bangalore
26. The Income Tax Department gives a multi digit alpha code to all income tax assessees. This is called–
(A) SAT (B) PIN (C) VAT (D) ATM (E) PAN
27. Which of the following organizations gives all major policy decisions / directives to all the banks working in India ?
(A) Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority (B) Reserve Bank of India
(C) Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India (D) Supreme Court of India (E) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer: Reserve Bank of india
28. The Head of which of the following agencies/ organizations in the banking industry or financial sector is designated as Governor ?
(A) Securities and Exchange Board of India (B) All Public Sector Banks (C) Life Insurance Corporations of India
(D) All Stock Exchanges in India (E) Reserve Bank of India
Answer: Reserve Bank of India
29. Which of the following cups/trophies is associated with the game of cricket ?
(A) Nehru Gold Cup (B) FIFA Cup (C) Davis Cup (D) Ranji Trophy (E) Wimbledon
Answer: Ranji Trophy
30. Which of the following games is NOT included in ‘Olympic Games’ ?
(A) Tennis (B) Football (C) Hockey (D) Weight lifting (E) Cricket
31. Who among the following is the Minister of Home Affairs in India at present ?
(A) Smt. Ambika Soni (B) Sri P. Chidambaram (C) Sri Sharad Pawar (D) Sri Rajnath Singh (E) None of these
Answer: Sri Rajnath Singh
32. Which of the following is NOT a Union Territory ?
(A) Lakshadweep (B) Puducherry (C) Dadra & Nagar Haveli (D) Andaman & Nicobar Island (E) Uttarakhand
33. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently imposed a restriction on money flow in equity through ‘P Notes’. What is the full form of ‘P Notes’ ?
(A) Permanent Notes (B) Purchase Notes (C) Participatory Notes (D) Private Notes (E) None of these
Answer: None of these
34. Who amongst the following was the captain of the India cricket team who won the Twenty-20 World Cup-2007 ?
(A) Yuvraj Singh (B) M.S. Dhoni (C) Rahul Dravid (D) Saurav Ganguly (E) None of these
Answer: M.S. Dhoni
35. Many times we read in financial newspaper about ‘FII.What is the full form of ‘FII’?
(A) Final Investment in India (B) Foreign Investment in India (C) Formal Investment in India
(D) Fair Institutional Investment (E) Foreign Institutional Investment
Answer: Foreign Institutional Investment
36. Benazir Bhutto is associated with which of the following parties–
(A) Muslim League (B) Pakistan Peoples Party (C) Pakistan National Congress
(D) Islamic Movement of Pakistan (E) None of these
Answer: Pakistan Peoples Party
37. Asia Pacific Economic Business meet was organized in September 2013 in–
(A) New Delhi (B) Beijing (C) Tokyo (D) Indonesia (E) Sydney
38. The World Athletics Championship-2014 was organized in–
(A) Beijing (B) Poland (C) Osaka (D) Dhaka (E) London
39. Who amongst the following was the captain of the Indian Hockey Team who won Asia Cup 2007 held in Chennai ?
(A) Baichung Bhutia (B) Dilip Tirkey (C) Pankaj Adwani (D) Manavjeet Singh Sandhu (E) None of these
Answer: None of these
40. Which of the following is a Public Sector Unit?
(A) TCS (B) ICICI Bank (C) TESCO (D) BHEL (E) All of these
General Awareness Question and Answers for Bank, RRB and Competitive Exams Reviewed by Job today on 06:07 Rating: