1. World Consumer Rights Day is being observed today (15 March 2017) which is an awareness day and theme for this year is 'Building a Digital World Consumers can Trust’. Several functions are being organized across the country to mark the occasion.
2. The Union government has launched Mission Fingerling to achieve Blue Revolution with the holistic development and management of fisheries in the country. he Blue Revolution programme focuses on creating an environment that envisages integrated and holistic development and management of fisheries for the socio-economic development of the fishers and fish farmers.
3. Biren Singh to be Sworn in Next CM of Manipur. The incumbent Chief Minister of Manipur Okram Ibobi Singh resigned from the post giving way for formation of a new ministry under the BJP.
4. State Bank of India has announced a one-time farm loan settlement scheme worth 6,000 crore rupees primarily for tractors. SBI in a tweet stated that One Time Settlement is announced for Agriculture Loans and the Scheme is valid until 31st March 2017.
5. Central Bank of India has been awarded first prize in the implementation of Official Language Policy in the western region for the year 2015-2016.
6. Pawan Goenka Managing Director of Mahindra and Mahindra has been granted second-term as Chairman of the Board of Governors (BoG) of IIT-Madras.
7. In a surprise development, Shashank Manohar has resigned as International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman after merely eight months in office, citing personal reasons.
8. Popular American author, filmmaker and public speaker, Amy Krouse Rosenthal died due to ovarian cancer. She was 51.