1. The Union Ministry of Environment has provided a six months window and one-time opportunity to the industrial projects functioning without environmental clearance (EC) to apply for a back-dated EC.
2. The Executive Committee (EC) of National Mission for Clean Ganga approved has approved 20 projects worth Rs 1,900 Crore for implementation of Namami Gange Programme in Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand and Delhi. Out of 20 projects, 13 are in Uttarakhand hat includes creating new sewage treatment plants, upgrading existing STPs and laying of sewage networks in Haridwar.
3. The Congress’s floor leader in Lok Sabha, Mallikarjun Kharge will become next chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
4. HDFC Bank launched digital Loan against Securities (LAS) allowing customers to avail loans in less than 3 minutes.
5. Two Indian companies Tata Steel Limited and Wipro Limited were named in the list of World’s Most Ethical Companies 2017 by US think tank Ethisphere Institute.
6. Three day International Buddhist conference was held at Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, Rajgir in Nalanda district of Bihar.
7. Senior IAS officer Karan Avtar Singh was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Punjab.
8. The World Bank Group (WBG) approved USD 210 million loan to strengthen gram panchayats (GPs) in West Bengal.
9. The World Bank Board approved the USD 175 million National Hydrology Project to strengthen capacity of institutions to assess water situation in their regions.
10. Odisha's Bibhu Prasad Kanungo was appointed as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with effect from April 2017.