1. The three days ‘International Buddhist Conference’ organized by Ministry of Culture and Nava Nalanda Mahavira Deemed University in Rajgir, Bihar.
2. Union Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan will inaugurate the 5th foundation day function of the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) in New Delhi.
3. E-commerce firm Snapdeal announced the appointment of Jason Kothari as the Chief Executive Officer of its digital payment platform FreeCharge.
4. March 21 is the United Nations’ (UN) International Day of Forests, which promotes the importance of forests and trees in our lives.
5. New-Delhi headquartered The Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) will be merged with the country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI).
6. India is home to world’s fourth highest number of billionaires with Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani (33rd position globally) leading the club of more than 100 super rich Indians.
7. ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets has announced the launch of a mobile banking app 'Mera iMobile' for rural customers.
8. A Canadian school teacher Maggie MacDonnell was awarded the annual Global Teacher Prize and won a $1-million prize during a ceremony in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
9. Tamil Nadu has won the domestic 50-over competition, the Vijay Hazare Trophy, for the fifth time.
10. Cheteshwar Pujara has become the first Indian to face 500-plus balls in an innings, going past the mark against Australia.
11. The Assam state cabinet has decided to implement the recommendation of the Seventh Pay Commission.
12. The North Korean military has tested a new high-performance rocket engine, giving new birth to isolated country’s rocket industry.
13. The world sparrow day (WSD) is observed every year on March 20 to raise awareness of the house sparrow and other common birds to urban environments and threats to their populations.
14. Former IAS officer and Rajya Sabha member and Pyarimohan Mohapatra passed away in Mumbai after a prolonged illness. He was 77.
15. The government is all set to come up with the country’s first-of-its-kind dictionary which aims to bring uniformity in sign languages used by hearing and speech impaired people.
16. National record holder K T Irfan won bronze medal in the 20 kilometre men’s event in the Asian Race Walk Championships held in Nomi, Japan.
17. The World Poetry Day was celebrated on 21 March 2017 across the globe.