1. The second India-UAE conference on globalization was held at Dubai with an aim to promote cooperation between the two countries.
2. India was ranked 131 in the 2016 Human Development Index (HDI) among the 188 countries. India scored 0.624 and was placed in medium human development category.
3. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) created history by commissioning the world’s third-largest hypersonic wind tunnel at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
4. International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed on 21st March every year by the United States.
5. World Water Day is an annual event celebrated on 22 March.
6. The Southern Bench of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) suspended the Environmental Clearance (EC) granted to the India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO). It has asked the project proponent to make a fresh application.
7. Shuttler PV Sindhu will be the brand ambassador for Gatorade, PepsiCo’s sports-based drink.
8. Chennai-based Al Ameen Green Energy has tied up with a Russian company Miyota Power for setting up a 100-MW solar power plant near Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu.
9. Ravindra Jadeja gained seven points to become the sole world number one bowler in the ICC’s Test rankings.
10. The GRAPES-3 experiment at TIFR’s (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) Cosmic Ray Laboratory in Ootacamund in Tamil Nadu is getting upgraded to detect solar storms.
11. The Union Government proposed to make the Aadhaar card mandatory to file Income Tax Return (ITR) and for applying Permanent Account Number (PAN) with effect from 1 July 2017.
12. Madhabi Puri Buch was appointed as the Whole Time Member of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). She will the office for a period of three years.
13. Upendra Tripathy, the former secretary at Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, was appointed as the full-time interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
14. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee presented the Gallantry Awards and Distinguished Service Decorations at a Defence Investiture Ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
15. Ankur Khanna was appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the International Cricket Council (ICC).