1. The Airports Authority of India (AAI), the Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Government of Jharkhand signed an MoU for the development of the Deoghar Airport in Deoghar district of Jharkhand.
2. Veteran South African’s Indian-origin anti-apartheid activist Ahmed Kathrada (87-year) passed away.
3. The surveillance ship ‘INLCU L51’ was commissioned into the Indian Navy by Vice Admiral 'Bimal Verma', AVSM, Commander-in-Chief, Andaman and Nicobar Command in a ceremony at Port Blair.
4. President ‘Pranab Mukherjee’ presented B. C. Roy National Awards to 49 Doctors for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
5. Gauri Singh (14-year) has become the first Indian girl swim from Sea Link near Worli Koliwada to the Gateway of India in the Arabia Sea.
6. SBI Card launched a unique credit card ‘SBI Card Unnati’ targeted at all SBI customers, including Jan Dhan account-holders across the country.
7. British Prime Minister ‘Theresa May’ has signed the letter that will trigger Britain's exit from the European Union.
8. The country’s fast-growing e-commerce industry Paytm is all set to become a member of the self-regulatory voluntary organization Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) from April, 2017.
9. ICICI Bank announced a partnership with mobile app firm Truecaller for a new UPI-based mobile payment service, called as Truecaller Pay.
10. Former Punjab minister and senior Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) leader Gurdev Singh Badal (85-year) passed away at Ludhiana.
11. United Bank Limited (UBL) has appointed Sima Kamil as the new president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the bank.
12. National Tribal and North East Conclave-2017 was organized by Lalit Kala Akademi under Ministry of Culture in New Delhi.
13. Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani has been inducted into the international advisory board of global think-tank the Atlantic Council.
14. India’s off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin received Garfield Sobers Trophy for being named the ICC Cricketer of the Year as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year in Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
- Daily GK Update 28th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 27th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 25th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 24th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 23rd March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Get More GK Updates