1. General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) in New Delhi, released the book ‘Home of the Brave’ on the history of Indian Army’s Counter Insurgency Force, the Rashtriya Rifles (RR).
2. The union minister Piyush Goyal has launched a unique credit card ‘SBI Card Unnati’ targeted at all SBI customers across the country.
3. ALTBalaji, the digital platform of Balalji Telefilms Ltd, has announced a partnership with mobile wallet major MobiKwik.
4. Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has inaugurated high-speed rail wire Wi-Fi facility at National Rail museum in New Delhi.
5. The 9th World Environmental Education Congress (WEEC) will be held in Vancouver, Canada between September 9-15 2017. The theme will be 'Weaving new connections'.
6. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) are jointly working on the development of Dual Frequency (L and S band) Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging Satellite named as NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR)
7. The annual celebration of the formation of the state ‘Rajasthan Diwas’ is being held today to commemorate the 68th year of Rajasthan’s foundation.
8. The Ministry of Road transport and Highways will host the Grand Finale of the Smart India Hackathon 2017 at Nagpur on 1st and 2nd April, 2017.
9. The United Nations (UN) Chief ‘Antonio Guterres’ has appointed former South Carolina Governor David Beasley to head the Rome-based World Food Programme (WFP).
10. India and Nepal have renewed the fuel supply agreement between Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) for another five years.
11. Turkish runner Elvan Abeylegesse (34-year) was stripped of two Olympic silver medals and one world silver after a re-analysis of an in-competition doping test dating back to 2007.
12. The Government of India signed a contract for the Discovered Small Fields (DSF) Bid 2016 with GEM Laboratories for extracting Hydrocarbons at Neduvasal, in Tamil Nadu.
13. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will formally open the longest road tunnel of South Asia- Chenani-Nashri Tunnel on 2nd April 2017.
14. Information & Broadcasting Minister M Venkaiah Naidu launched the online film certification system, 'e-cinepramaan' with an aim to censor corruption and promote clean cinema.
15. Priti Patel, the UK Government’s Secretary of State for International Development and first ever UK-India diaspora Champion, has been awarded India’s highest honour for members of the Indian diaspora.
16. Pakistan pacer Mohammad Irfan was today slapped with a one-year ban and fined $ 1,000 after he admitted to have failed in reporting a spot-fixing approach by bookmakers during the Pakistan Super League.
- Daily GK Update 29th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 28th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 27th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 25th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 24th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 23rd March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Get More GK Updates