1. RBI governor Urjit Patel led Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) kept the key repo rate unchanged at 6.25% in the first monetary policy review of 2017 and after Budget 2017.
2. The Implementation and Assessment Group Meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism begins in New Delhi. Nearly 150 delegates from various partner countries and international organisations will take take part in the three-day event.
3. The Supreme Court has approved the government‘s plan to record the identification details of mobile subscribers through an e-KYC (Know Your Customer) mechanism linked to Aadhaar in a bid to enhance national security and prevent fake users.
4. The Reserve Bank of India announced that the cash withdrawal limit on savings accounts will be scrapped from March 13, 2017.
5. Federal Bank has partnered with leading online data and information portal Commodity Online for the distribution of loans against warehouse receipts and collateral management services across the country.
6. In a novel initiative that would push digitalisation and cashless economy, Bank of Baroda (BOB) has tied up with IFFCO, a cooperative, to provide co-branded debit cards with inbuilt overdraft facilities to the farmers.
7. In United States, Senate has confirmed President Donald Trump's controversial nominee for Education Secretary, Betsy DeVos, by the slenderest possible margin.
8. Sourabh Verma clinched the Men’s Singles title defeating Lakshya Sen in the 81 st Senior National Badminton Championships tournament played in Patna. Sourabh beat Lakshya Sen 21-13, 21-12.