1. The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) has constituted a high level committee to resolve the grievances and complaints of women sports persons.
2. The National Archives of India (NAI) will celebrate its 127th Foundation Day on March 11, 2017. NAI was established on 11th March 1891 at Calcutta as the Imperial Record Department.
3. The mega cultural festival ‘India by the Nile’ was held at foot of the Pyramids in Cairo, Egypt. The this year event marked the special moment as India celebrates 70 years of independence and also 70 years of its diplomatic relations with Egypt.
4. IDFC Bank became the first bank in the country to launch the biometric-based payment system Aadhaar Pay through its network. Aadhaar Pay will enable merchants to receive payments from customers without any physical payment instrument.
5. The State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a new “Work from Home” facility to enable its employees to work while at home using mobile devices.
6. The 11th edition of North-East Business Summit (NEBS) was held New Delhi. The two-day summit aimed to facilitate investment, highlight strengths of the North-East Region (NER) and business opportunities which North-East can offer. The summit also showcased the untapped business potential of North-East to investors worldwide.
7. The National Safety Week (NSW) was observed from March 4 to 10 to raise safety awareness among people. It was observed by the National Safety Council (NSC) of India.
8. The 13th edition of Economic Co-operation Organisation (ECO) summit was held in Islamabad, Pakistan.
9. Former Utah Republican Governor Jon Huntsman was appointed as US Ambassador to Russia. His appointment now requires Senate confirmation. Earlier, Huntsman had served as US Ambassador to China under former President Barack Obama.
10. Former Puducherry Minister M Chandrakasu passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was 67.
11. Noted Malayalam author and journalist M P Veerendra Kumar was awarded 30th edition of Moortidevi award 2016 by the Bharatiya Jnanpith organization. He was awarded for his Malayalam travelogue “Hymavathabhoovil”, which dwells upon ancient trails of Indian culture, myth, literature and people strewn in the plains, valleys and mountains of India.