1. The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi finally inaugurated an exhibition titled “Swachhagraha – Bapu Ko Karyanjali – Ek Abhiyan, Ek Pradarshani” in the New Delhi to mark the 100 years of Mahatma Gandhi’s first experiment of Satyagraha in Champaran.
2. Colson Whitehead wins Pulitzer Prize for 'Underground Railroad'
3. Ministry of Rural Development has released nearly Rs. 23,443 crore to the States as the first tranche for this Financial Year, under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
4. Senior bureaucrats Ajit Kumar Srivastava and Shabri Bhattasali were appointed members of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the apex policy making body of the Income Tax department.
5. The Reserve Bank has appointed Malvika Sinha as Executive Director following the appointment of B P Kanungo as Deputy Governor.
6. The Survey General of India (SOI) completes 250 years.
7. The Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh chaired the 11th Standing Committee meeting of the Inter-State Council in New Delhi.
8. The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017 on April 7, 2017, in New Delhi.
9. Carme Chacon, the first female defense minister of Spain and a prominent socialist party leader, has died aged 46.
10. Kerala-based NBFC Manappuram Finance will launch its own co-branded prepaid card in the tie-up with YES Bank to promote digital financial transactions.
11. For the first time since Nagaland officially gained recognition as a state, a state Police Officer Atu Zumvu has been awarded one of the nations' military honour, ‘Shaurya Chakra' award at a ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
12. Mukta Dutta Tomar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Germany.
13. The government has appointed retired Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti Singh as the next chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) after replacing of Justice Aftab Alam who was retired in June 2016.
14. Indian-origin educationist in the UK Asha Khemka (65-year) has been named the 'Asian Businesswoman of the Year' in an award ceremony in Birmingham (United Kingdom).
Get More GK Updates