1. The High Energy Accelerator Research Organisation (KEK) completed the ‘rolling-in’ of the Belle-II experiment in Tsukuba, Japan. With this, it moves a step forward by integrating particle detector with powerful accelerator.
2. Nokia and Airtel along with state-owned network BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd) have announced that they have partnered to set up 5G internet speed in India to introduce a fast internet ecosystem in the country.
3. The Union Ministry of Food Processing is going to launch Scheme for Agro-Marine Produce Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA) for food processing sector.
4. The G20 Digital Ministerial Meeting on Digital Economy was held in Dusseldorf, Germany. Ministers responsible for the digital economy from G20 countries had participated in it.
5. The Union Ministry of Power has launched URJA MITRA app for empowering citizens by real time information sharing on power supply.
6. Parliament has passed the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2017. It is the first national HIV law in South Asia.
7. The Union Government has set up an ‘Inter- Ministerial Monitoring-cum-Coordination Committee’ to monitor the UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik) scheme. UDAN is regional air connectivity scheme (RCS) which seeks to make flying affordable by connecting unserved and under-served airports.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book 'Matoshree', authored by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan in New Delhi.
9. India's first ever micro-drama festival, named Thespis, was held recently in New Delhi. The longest play of the festival ran for not more than 10 minutes and the shortest one lasted for only 42 seconds.
10. India and Georgia have singed a Joint Statement on the launching of the Joint Feasibility Study on the Free Trade Agreement between both countries.
11. The Union Government has reduced the number of centrally sponsored schemes (CSS) from 66 to 28 umbrella schemes, effective from the financial year 2016-17.
12. Central Hindi Institute Director N.K. Pandey announced the names of writers from different categories for the prestigious Hindi Sevi Samman Awards.
13. The United Nations (UN) celebrates the International Day of Human Space Flight on 12th April every year.
14. Former Union Minister and Prominent Educationist ‘Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta’ (56-year) passed away in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), after suffering from a heart attack.
15. The PM 'Narendra Modi' and his visiting Australian counterpart ‘Malcolm Turnbull’ have signed six agreements after delegation level talks.The agreements will boost bilateral cooperation in various fields such as terrorism, sports, health, environment, aviation sector.
16. Sunita Sharma and B Venugopal were appointed as Managing Directors in Life Insurance Corporation of India.
17. Salman Khan has launched the biography of yesteryears actress Asha Parekh’s autobiography ‘The Hit Girl’, for which he’s written the Foreword as well.
Get More GK Updates