1. Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu released the book titled 'Indian Railway- The weaving of a National Tapestry' jointly authored by Shri Bibek Debroy (Member, NITI Aayog) Shri Sanjay Chadha (Joint Secretary, Ministry of Commerce) & Ms. Vidya Krishnamurthi.
2. According to Railway ministry, the withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended upto 30th June 2017 to promote the use of digital modes of payment.
3. Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched the '811 banking app' which is part of the lender's vision to double customer base in 18 months.
4. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak is on a 6-day visit to India.
5. From April 1, the associate banks which will be merging with State Bank of India will sport the lender's signage and logo, with its iconic keyhole set against the background of inky blue.
6. Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina has inaugurated the 4-day mega Conference of world parliamentarians in Dhaka.
7. Vanaja N. Sarna was appointed as the new chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).
8. India has signed a loan agreement with the New Development Bank(NDB) for USD 350 million funding for a project involving development and up gradation of major district roads (approx 1,500 km) in Madhya Pradesh.
9. The Indian Army has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M).
10. Union Agriculture Minister 'Radha Mohan Singh' has inaugurated an International research centre for Foot and Mouth disease of cattle and buffalos at Argul,(Khurda district) Odisha.
11. Maninder Singh Juneja has been appointed as MD & CEO of National Bulk Handling Corporation (NBHC).
12. The Union Cabinet has approved ratification of 2 fundamental conventions of International Labour Organization (ILO) concerning with Child Labour.
13. The Reserve Bank of India is the central bank of the country. The Reserve Bank of India was set up on the basis of the recommendations of the Hilton Young Commission. The Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (II of 1934) provides the statutory basis for the functioning of the Bank, which commenced operations on April 1, 1935.
14. The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh ‘N.Chandrababu Naidu’ has been selected for the US-India Business Council Award (US IBC).
15. Iqbal Surve has been appointed as chairperson of the country’s BRICS Business Council.
16. Kanha tiger reserve in Madhya Pradesh has become the first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot of its own.
17. Japan has committed an 'Official Development Assistance' (ODA) of 371.345 billion yen (about Rs 21,590 crore) under 2016-2017 for various infrastructure projects, including the dedicated freight corridor, in India.
18. The North-Western Railway has declared the ‘Barmer-Munawab (119 km)’ and ‘Pipad Road-Bilara (41 km)’ in Rajasthan, rail routes as Green Corridors.
19. All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), Sarita Vihar, New Delhi has been established as an Autonomous Body under the aegis of Ministry of AYUSH at a cost of Rs. 157 crore.
- Daily GK Update 31st March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 30th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 29th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 28th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 27th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 25th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Get More GK Updates