1. World Malaria Day is observed globally on 25th of April every year. It is organized by World Health Organization (WHO).
2. India has replaced Japan as world's number two importer of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). The result is an outcome of the rigorous effort of Nation's call for a 'safer kitchen'.
3. India's military expenditure grew around 8.5 percent in 2016, making it the world's fifth largest spender at $55.9 billion, figures released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
4. India’s first and longest ropeway to connect Mumbai with the famous Elephanta Island in the Arabian Sea is planned to be constructed by the Mumbai Port Trust, according to the official report.
5. The Indian Navy has begun a joint maritime exercise with the French Navy at the Mediterranean Sea to further deepen combat coordination between the two navies.
6. State Bank of India and real estate developers’ body CREDAI (Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Associations of India) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to jointly conduct various initiatives towards development of the realty sector.
7. Renowned Director and actor Kasinathuni Viswanath has won the Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2016 for his outstanding contribution to the film industry.
8. Top environmental activist Prafulla Samantara of Odisha has been selected for Goldman Environmental Prize 2017 (also called as Green Nobel) from Asia region for championing the cause of State’s Dongria Kondh tribals and safeguarding their land and culture.
9. Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur has clinched a gold in the first leg of the Asian Grand Prix Athletics Meet in Jinhua, China.
Daily GK Update 24th April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 22nd April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 21st April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 20th April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 19th April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 18th April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 16th April 2107, Important Current Affairs
Get More GK Updates