1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 9.2 km long Chenani-Nashri all-weather road tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
2. Leander Paes won his first title of the season, combining with Canadian Adil Shamasdin to lift the Leon Challenger Tour tennis tournament’s men’s doubles trophy after a straight-set win in Mexico.
3. Dr. Navrang Saini took charge as Whole Time Member, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India in New Delhi.
4. A new financial order built by the emerging BRICS economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. New Delhi is playing host to Second Annual Meeting of the New Development Bank (NDB) also known colloquially as BRICS bank. This is the first time the meet is happening in India. MOUs were signed between NDB and European Investment Bank (EIB), European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) and International Investment Bank (IIB).
5. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 175 million loan to Power Grid Corporation to expand its solar energy transmission network in the country.
6. The World Autism Awareness Day 2017 has been observed across the world on 2 April 2017.
7. Senior bureaucrat Vanaja N Sarna appointed as chairperson of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).
8. Srinath Narayanan from Chennai has become India’s 46th chess Grandmaster after defeating Spanish Grandmaster David Anton Guijarro at the Sharjah Masters.
9. Kenya's Joyciline Jepkosgei has broken the world half marathon record as well as the 10km and 15km marks at the Prague Half Marathon on the way to winning the IAAF Gold Label Road Race in one hour, four minutes and 52 seconds.
10. President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated Namami Brahmaputra, India’s largest river festival.
11. American singer and song writer Bob Dylan has finally accepted his Nobel Prize for literature, more than three months after the awards ceremony. The academy, which awards the coveted prize, ended prolonged speculation as to whether the 75-year-old troubadour would use a concert stopover in Stockholm to accept the gold medal and diploma awarded to him.
12. The State Bank of India, the country's largest lender has started functioning as unified entity from 01st April 2017 post merger of its five associate banks, besides Bharatiya Mahila Bank. The five associate banks merged with the SBI are State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore. With the merger, the SBI joins the league of top 50 banks globally in terms of assets.
13. Malaysian PM Najib Razak arrives in Chennai, begins six-day India tour.
- Daily GK Update 1st April 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 31st March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 30th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 29th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 28th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Daily GK Update 27th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
- Get More GK Updates