1. The Centre has constituted National Board of Electric Mobility (NBEM) to promote electric mobility and manufacturing of electric (& hybrid) vehicles and their components.
2. Private carrier Jet Airways fliers can now buy tickets online, using the industry’s latest payment mechanism, Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
3. The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) has tied up with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB), an arm of Human Resource Development Fund under Ministry of HRD, Malaysia.
4. Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment inaugurated a “National Conference on Autism” in New Delhi.
5. Phoenix India Research and Development Group launched the first bio-gas fuelled bus in Kolkata keeping a flat fare of just Rs 1.
6. The 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference is being held at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, India from 3rd to 7th April, 2017.
7. The union Human Resource Development Minister ‘Prakash Javadekar’ has released the India Rankings-2017 of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in New Delhi.
8. A mega conference of world parliamentarians is being held in Dhaka to focus on ways and means to end political and economic inequality for upholding democracy and human rights.
9. A Malaysian company MTN has agreed to help set up a technology park in Andhra Pradesh that’s expected to attract private sector investment of $100 million in the first phase.
10. Cab aggregator Ola has integrated with Unified Payment Interface (UPI) to simplify digital payment options for its customers.
11. India has been ranked third for the third year in a row in a doping violation report published by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for 2015 with 117 athletes from the country being punished after testing positive for banned substances.
12. WhatsApp move into digital payments in India, its biggest market that is home to 200 million of its billion plus global users, would replicate similar moves by messaging apps like Tencent Holdings Ltd's WeChat in China.
13. The Madhya Pradesh chief minister ‘Shivraj Singh Chouhan’ has launched an app named “MP e-NagarPalika” to provide various municipal services online in the state.
14. Ruling Party of Ecuador, Alianza PAIS candidate Lenin Moreno won the Ecuador’s presidential election to sworn in as the Ecuador President.
15. Renowned Hindustani classical vocalist Kishori Amonkar passes away. She was 84.
16. The Jammu & Kashmir state government has imposed ban on the use of polythene bags manufactured below fifty microns in the state.
17. Britain’s one of the most prominent black activists of his generation ‘Darcus Howe’ (74-year) passed away due to cancer.
18. Rajiv Kumar Chander appointed as India's Ambassador and permanent representative to the UN.
19. The Haryana Education Minister ‘Ram Bilas Sharma has been nominated as Chairman of Amateur Circle Kabaddi Federation of India (ACKFI) for the next four years.
20.A senior IPS Officer Geeta Johari (1982 batch) has been appointed as new Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat.
Daily GK Update 3rd April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 2nd April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 1st April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 31st March 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 30th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
Get More GK Updates