1. North Korea has fired a ballistic missile from its east coast into the sea off the Peninsula from Sinpo, a port city and submarine base. The missile was launched at a high angle and reached an altitude of 189 km and flew about 60 kilometres.
2. Germany became the first North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) member country to launch a self-contained cyber command unit dubbed as Cyber and Information Space Command (Kdo CIR).
3. Ecuadorean leftist Lenin Moreno has won 2017 Presidential election after a tight contest with his right-wing opponent. Moreno won 51.16% of valid votes versus 48.84% for conservative challenger Guillermo Lasso, with 99.65% of votes counted.
4. The Uttar Pradesh government has constituted six-member committee to implement its decision of waving off farmers’ agricultural loan. It will be headed by Chief Secretary Rahul Bhatnagar.
5. Haryana Government has decided to provide one-time grant of Rs 21,000 to all those families whose third girl child was born on or after August 24, 2015 under the ‘Aapki Beti, Hamari Beti’ scheme.
6. Madhya Pradesh government has launched ‘MP e-nagarpalika’ mobile application to provide various municipal services online. The app will offer 378 services like online payment of property tax, birth/ marriage/death certificates, building permission etc.
7. K Prithika Yashini became India’s first-ever transgender person to become a police official, after she took charge as sub-inspector in Dharmapuri district in Tamil Nadu.
8. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley chaired the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Finance Ministers meeting in New Delhi.
9. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee declared Jhargram as the 22nd district of West Bengal.
10. A 1982 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) Geetha Johri has been appointed as the first woman Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat.
11. Handset maker Gionee India announced its association with the ‘Royal Challengers Bangalore’, as their presenting sponsors for the tenth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
12. The famous Berhampur Thakurani Yatra, one of the biggest festivals of southern Odisha, has been celebrated with pomp and gaiety.
13. 5th April is being observed as National Maritime Day of India every year.
14. The Gunotsav program has been launched in 8 districts of Assam to improve elementary education.
15. An imprisoned Eritrean-Swedish journalist ‘Dawit Isaakhas’ will receive the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize.
16. Union Minister of Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy, Piyush Goyal has launched a self-helpbook on establishing a credible business and making profit.
17. Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza announced his retirement from T20I cricket.
18. Malala Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Prize laureate, will address Canada’s parliament on 12th April 2017.
Daily GK Update 4th April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 3rd April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 2nd April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 1st April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 31st March 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 30th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
Get More GK Updates