1. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of the Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Georgia. The Agreement is based on latest International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) template keeping in view of developments in Civil Aviation sector.
2. The Reserve Bank of India has released the first Bi-monthly Monetary policy of the new financial year (2017-18). Repo Rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) unchanged at 6.25%. The Reverse Repo Rate (RRR) under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) has been hiked to 6% from 5.75%. The Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate are at 6.50% decline from 6.75%. Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) remains unchanged at 4% and Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) also remains unchanged at 20.50%.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Bangladesh for fairway development on two stretches. They are Ashuganj-Zakiganj stretch of Kushiyara river and Sirajganj-Daikhawa stretch of Jamuna river.
4. The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and France to implement Technical Cooperation Program in civil aviation sector.
5. 6 April was declared as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) by the UN General Assembly.
6. Renowned playback singer, actor and music director S.P. Bala Subramanyam was awarded the NTR National Film Award for 2012. Besides, Hindi film actress Hema Malini was awarded the same award for the year 2013.
7. Haryana government has decided to provide a one-time grant of Rs 21,000 to all those families whose third girl child was born after August 24, 2015, under the 'Aapki Beti, Hamari Beti' scheme.
8. The BJP-led government in Uttar Pradesh decided to waive off crop loans of up to Rs 1 lakh of small and marginal farmers in the state.
9. Noted author and filmmaker Ajey Jhankar passed away. He was 67.
10. Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd becomes the seventh entity to receive a final licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up a payments bank.
11. IDBI Bank has reduced interest rates, ranging from 50 to 75 basis points, on retail term deposits (RTD) with effect from April 5, 2017.
12. The India- United Arab Emirates (UAE) cultural celebrations festival was launched at Abu Dhabi with a tribute video featuring both Mahatma Gandhi and late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
13. India's travel and tourism sector ranks 7th in the world in terms of its total contribution to the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP), according to a new report of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), 2016.
14. The World Trade Organisation (WTO) has decided to set up a panel to resolve dispute between India and Japan on safeguard duty imposed by India on certain categories of steel.
15. The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) appointed Raman Roy (Managing Director of Quatrro Global Services) as its chairman for 2017-2018.
16. India’s Virat Kohli was named Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World for 2016.
17. The 2017 National conference on Communicating India was held in New Delhi. It was organized by the Vivekananda International Foundation (VIF) in collaboration with the India Media Centre, University of Westminster, London, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library and Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) with the association of Prasar Bharati.
18. PM Modi inaugurated Govindpur-Jamtara-Dumka-Sahebganj Highway and dedicated to the nation Solar Power Facility at the Sahebganj district court premises.
19. The Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau announced that the youngest Nobel laureate, Malala Yousafzai, will be addressing the country’s parliament on 12 April 2017.
20. Researchers at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) have discovered a soil fungus Aspergillus tubingensis that can break down plastic materials using its enzymes.
Daily GK Update 5th April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 4th April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 3rd April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 2nd April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 1st April 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 31st March 2017, Important Current Affairs
Daily GK Update 30th March 2017, Important Current Affairs
Get More GK Updates