1. The National Basketball Association (NBA) announced the setting up of its first basketball school, a network of tuition-based basketball development programmes, in Mumbai.
2. Indian boxer K Shyam Kumar won a gold medal in the 49- kilogram category at the Thailand International Tournament in Bangkok.
3. Malala Yousafzai, the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize has become the youngest United Nations Messenger of Peace.
4. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the umbrella organisation for all retail payment systems in the country, has disbursed over Rs. 245 crore worth of prize money to about 18 lakh winners under the NITI Aayog’s Lucky Draw schemes for consumers and merchants which are Lucky Grahak Yojna (LGY) and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojna (DVY).
5. South Indian Bank has entered into an agreement with Flyworld Money Exchange to facilitate remittances by Indian expatriates in Australia.
6. Canara Bank, a public sector bank, has embarked upon an ambitious project of upgrading the bandwidth at all its branches to 2 Mbps in partnership with BSNL.
7. HDFC Bank announced its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) will also be available on Chillr, a multi-bank mobile payments app.
8. India has jumped 12 places to 40th rank globally in total 136 countries in Travel and Tourism Competitiveness report 2017 by World Economic Forum.
9. The Department of Science and Technology (DST) has initiated a Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) program.
10. India and Bangladesh have signed 22 agreements in strategic sectors like defence and civil nuclear cooperation during Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to India.
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a 'special digital exhibition' on the Champaran Satyagraha on 10th April 2017. It is a unique initiative to re-envision the theme of the movement undertaken by Mahatma Gandhi.
12. Ban on cash transaction in excess of Rs 2 lakh will not be applicable to withdrawals from banks and post office savings accounts, the Income-Tax department announced.
13. ‘Deendayal Rasoi Yojana’ to be launched by CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan.
14. Thailand King, Maha Vajiralongkorn signed a new constitution in Bangkok.
15. Bhimaraya Metri appointed as the Director of IIM Trichy.
16. The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7 April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO).
17. India has jumped 12 places to 40th rank globally in travel and tourism competitiveness list by World Economic Forum (WEF).
Get More GK Updates